Dukas: L'Apprenti sorcier (sides 1-3)
Mozart: Les Noces de Figaro / Le Nozze di Figaro overture (side 4)
- Philippe Gaubert, conductor
DESCRIPTION: 2 discs, 78 rpm [80 rpm, acc. to BnF], 12 in..
NOTES: Recorded 8 (Dukas), 10 (Mozart) February 1927. Duration (Mozart): 03:53. Matrix numbers: (Mozart) WLX 43. See also NOTE below.
- Columbia fr. L 1974-1975. NOTE: a correspondent [February 2004] holds that the LFX 1974 number is from much later, 1933 or so, and that the 1927 recording carries the 5-digit numbers; the suggestion is that Gaubert recorded the work a second time.
- Dukas, sides 1-2, exists alone as Columbia fr. J 7050 [80 rpm]; Dukas, side 3 and Mozart exist alone as Columbia fr. J 7051 [80 rpm]. Copies in BnF.
- = Columbia fr. GQX 1046263
- = Columbia US 6733536D
- Mozart rpt. as CD: Vogue 665001 (OdP/SdCdC commemorative set), CD 1, tr. 1; note that the Dukas rpt. in this set is from a later recording.
Move LFX to 1933 or so?